Tuesday, January 6, 2009

Time to bite the bullet instead of the brownie

A few weeks ago I wrote about my quest for a doctor.  I actually saw her on Monday, and it's a relief to be in the care of someone who seems competent and caring.

I'll be seeing her again on Friday to discuss the results of my blood work.  I already know she's going to tell me my cholesterol is sky high (like, heart explodingly high) and that my glucose levels are inching towards diabetes.  And then there's the knee x-rays that show the onset of minimal to mild arthritis.  Bloody hell I'm 37!

I need to come to Jesus and with a quickness.  Fortunately, my friend Nicki has just started a new group called Losing It for people who want to lose weight, get in shape and live a healthier lifestyle.  Sound good?  You in?  Then slide on over and join us.

Ironically, Nicki and I first bonded over food - namely our shared dislike of onions.  Neither one of us can stand the crunch.  *shudder*

And I guess I have to rescind my previous statements about parking it on the couch.  I'm still going to drink more champagne.

3 comments:

Anonymous said...

There's lots of us in it with you. Godspeed to us all!

daddylikeyblog said...

I'm so proud of you, Whit! On New Year's Eve I signed up to run a half-marathon on May 3rd, so I'm definitely on a similar journey!

Jenna said...

Yes, come do yoga with me!