Tuesday, January 13, 2009

2009 io9 Movie Guide



I'm most excited to see Watchmen and Coraline.  I want to dislike Monsters Versus Aliens on general principle because it's not a Pixar movie; however, my io9 overlords are endorsing it.  

I'll be checking out The Box when it opens, because my dislike for Cameron Diaz is outweighed by the fact that my friend Brett was an extra in the movie!  So I'll be going for him.

I'm disappointed that The Road still doesn't have an opening date.  The book is incredible, and it's beauty really is in Cormac McCarthy's words.  So I'm curious to see how its going to translate to film ... even though I'm pretty sure I'm going to need a bucket of puppies and a dozen pink cupcakes to recover afterwards. 



And Tortiegirl and I will be at Crank 2 opening night, because it's Jason Statham, and it's our thing.


1 comment:

Anonymous said...

Crank is THE ONLY movie I haven't seen him in and I'm afraid, so very afraid, it is the worst he's done. I'll hopefully see it before C2 because you know, I don't want to be lost - I mean, how will I be able to understand the intricacies of the plot without seeing the first one?
CANNOT WAIT!!!