Sunday, December 28, 2008

Issue No. 1 - WRONG! Issue No. 2 - WRONG! Issue No. 3 - WRONG!

I spent this past Christmas week at my parents' house.  I had a lovely time, but my folks live in a pretty conservative area.  It's more challenging than you might think for them to get unfiltered news from the outside world.

(They don't have cable.  Yes, I am my father's daughter.)

For example, The Chris Matthews Show is aired at 6:00 am on Saturday mornings.  Other Sunday political shows, like This Week with George Stephanopoulos and Meet the Press, are regularly interrupted.  The local affiliate will cut away to a commercial mid-sentence, usually when the guest or panelist is offering an opinion counter to the views of the station.  Presumably, the stations are just trying to protect their audience's delicate sensibilities.

It's appalling, but I tell you all this really just as an excuse to post this clip. 

Watch more SpikedHumor videos on AOL Video

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

After nearly 20 years, I still have this entire sketch memorized. It's in the all-time top 10 SNL.

Kyle said...

it's a lot easier to get unfiltered news if you have a high speed internet connection. oh, wait, i forgot who we're dealing with here. :)