Saturday, July 24, 2010

Comic-Con 2010 - Friday report

It's a trip I've wanted to make for years, and now I'm here. Wow. To say that I was overwhelmed yesterday was an understatement. This place is big. Really big. You just won't believe how vastly hugely mindbogglingly big it is. And the convention center looks like a frakking battlestar that broke atmo and crashed next to the bay.

I knew it was going to be a good day when I was picked up for the ride to the airport in cab #42. When I had a conversation about Dune with my San Diego shuttle driver, I knew I was home.

Photos and moments, after the jump ...

You can also follow my adventures in real time on the twitters @waxwendy, and at Tubular where I'm reporting on the tv panels.  Check out my recap of the Spartacus panel and more!


Also, imagine my delight when I finally crawled away from the con floor and discovered this was the view from my hotel room.

Naturally.  What was shocking was that I saw all of two slave Leia's the entire day.

Cunning hat count: 4.

The view from the floor.

Moar action figures!  MOAR! MOAR!! 

I feel you man.  Sometimes, even the most seasoned of X-wing pilots just needs to take a load off and chill with some sweet tunes.  

This is not RDJ.  This is a just a lessor known product from the same lab that grew Robert Downey, Jr., Jeffrey Dean Morgan, and Javier Bardem.

The day's swag take.  The t-shirt I acquired when, for no good reason, I decided to throw myself into a scrum of humanity all clamoring for free goods.  It would have been kind of sad if I'd been crushed to death for a shirt advertising popsicles.

But this was the highlight of the day ...  KING OF THE CROSS ROADS FOR THE WIN!!!


Stan Cordray said...

Loved Badger and Romo Lampkin. Maybe someday I'll catch up on Supernatural. (No promises.)

Whit said...

Stan, you should totally catch up with Supernatural. Download the Season 5 episode "Changing Channels". If that doesn't pique your interest nothing will.

Catherine said...

Whit! Looks like it's everything you dreamed it would be and, um, a lot more. I can't wait for the full recap when you're back. xoxo B

Whit said...

B, it was overwhelming and maddening and FANTASTIC! I've already pre registered for next year.