Sunday, March 1, 2009

Quis custodiet ipsos custodes?

Shocking admission time.  As stoked as I am for the upcoming Watchmen movie ... I've never actually read the comic.  

I know, right?  It's back to nerd re-education camp for me.  Again.  Some more.

Watchmen wasn't even on my radar until its significance to Lost was pointed out (probably in one of T's recaps).  Add to that the fact that JDM is in it, and I like the Dark Knighification of super heroes, and you get an opening day ticket buyer.

Wikipedia gave me the basic story outline, and now io9 has helpfully provided the context of what I'll be watching come the weekend.

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

I am SO looking forward to this movie! I love all of the graphic novel movies so much. It's my favourite genre actually (if it's even a genre).
But, I don't like the actual books. I don't like the drawings and I find the stories a lot harder to follow. And I don't fee like I should be ashamed about that.