Saturday, November 22, 2008

Enter the Madness

According to Wired, blogs are dead. Apparently, starting a new blog is the virtual equivalent of trying to merge a golf cart onto I-81. The lanes are established and you're going to be crushed by the commercial traffic that dominates the highway.

Eh. I don't need the world to read my ramblings. I don't even really expect my friends to ... although I'll be delighted if you do.

So why even bother?

Because I'm highly suggestive and a bunch of people ( you know who you are ) have told me I should. So I am.

In honor of Thanksgiving, I thought I'd kick off my inaugural post with the following bit of inspired insanity (via
neatorama).

You've heard of the
turducken, yeah? No? It is, quite simply, a turkey. That has been stuffed with a duck. That has been stuffed with a chicken. And did I mention the sausage dressing that's crammed in there too? I've actually partaken of a turducken, maybe 5 or 6 years ago. It was good. But the geniuses at Bacon Today decided that what was merely good could be made better. How?

Bacon. And lots of it.



Bacon Today, I salute you. Truly it is this kind of can do spirit that makes American great.

(tip o' the hat to Evan for the Wired story)

2 comments:

Therese Odell said...

I love me turducken. And I love me bacon. But really, isn't this gilding the lily? I worry.

Welcome to the blogosphere, Whit! (Wait, are we saying "blogsphere" anymore? I need to check the newsletter...)

Unknown said...

I also recently enter the blogosphere. Better late than never, right? Kudos to you lady. You have a #1 super fan on your hands. :-*